News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

New Hog Slayer

Started by sportacus, November 13, 2020, 03:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportacus

Have had a M&P 10 in Creedmoor on order at a LGS for several months.  Got a text Monday and owner asked if I would accept a substitute.  Daniel Defense DD5V5.  Did some searching before I committed.  Most reviews very positive.  Accuracy rated as excellent. Only gripes were the MilSpec trigger.  Have a Geissele SSA-E on order from Palmetto State.  They had them on "daily deal" for $189.  Around $50 off.  Waiting on the trigger then will start break in.  We are killing these monsters every chance we get and appears we are losing ground.  This new toy will up my game and hopefully run up the pig body count.  Will probably become my LA go to when deer hunting.  We have all modified our hunting purpose.  When/if the swine show up while you are on stand, the deer hunt is over and the pork flies.
If you have the shot, take it.

DHuffman

I'd have one if it weren't for the policing your brass LOL
Dave

sportacus

Quote from: HufD63 on November 13, 2020, 04:57:30 PMI'd have one if it weren't for the policing your brass LOL
We usually shoot pigs from  box blinds using bolt guns.  What started as a joke last year when Jim was killing so many is now SOP.  He left all the empty cases in the blind to prove a point.  Now standard practice.  They are all pushed up in the corners of the walls.  Mostly 6.5 CM, a good number of 6.5 PRC , some 35 Whelen and a few 300 BLK and 300 PRC thrown in for good measure.  When you open the door to climb in, can't help but chuckle.  Several of those individual cases accounted for two hogs.  We have all gotten pretty handy at lining at least two up before we send it.  Jim killed two large sows with a single shot from his 6.5 PRC late yesterday.  A fellow club member was about 1/4 mile away and said everything was nice and quiet until "that meteorite lit up the sky and impacted."
If you have the shot, take it.