News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Any reason not to

Started by AlaskaInteriorHunting, September 18, 2020, 12:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

Congrats AIH! You guys are going to enjoy that harvest. ????

AlaskaInteriorHunting

Quote from: LeadHammer on November 02, 2020, 03:27:23 PMFantastic, I would love to hunt them one day. Did you use the 6.5?
Yes sir.  6.5 at about 300 yards.  Took my first shots at 400, had a couple issues (2 misses, a frozen bolt and bolt release failure) so we moved up to 300 and got him.

Quote from: mnbogboy on November 02, 2020, 04:59:55 PMGreat job, looks nice.  I too would have loved to hunt Caribou....maybe in the next life....
Last we heard you were going to use the Creed...if you did....how did that go?  The bull looks heavy, what do you think it weighs?

We are going to end up with about 90 pounds of meat off him and we lost a bit of both shoulders.  Broken bone just shattered all over the place.  It was a great hunt and the 143grs did their job!
Trying to turn into a Mountain Man one year at a time.

AlaskaInteriorHunting

Quote from: jvw2008 on November 02, 2020, 05:12:09 PMCongrats AIH! You guys are going to enjoy that harvest. ????
Thanks we are excited.  I was a little worried but we processed him out 100% at home and we didn't think he smelled rutted out at all which is exciting!  I've got his head outside, I'm going to do a Skull Cap mount on a Plaque for him - first Mountable Harvest for me.
Trying to turn into a Mountain Man one year at a time.