News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

6mm ARC

Started by Ranger 188, June 03, 2020, 11:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob_atl

Saw that, it won't be a wildcat once Hornady marketing gets done with it !!!
I have a 6x6.8 wildcat that's similar, probably less case capacity in mine than 6ARC

... rule #9 ...

autoxforfun

Looks like all the folks building 6mm Grendels has been noticed.  Need to see how close the 6mm ARC brass is to the Grendel.  From my experience with the 6mm Grendel, it is a good round both in an AR and in a BA.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

BCz

Lool like it could be a fun lil cartridge,  but I'm gonna stick with my 6x45 for now.
Although another upper chamberd in this is a good possibility.

Ranger 188

I've seen a off shoot of the 6 Grendel call a Grinch which is suppose to
be a super accurate cartridge for short range BR

BCz

Quote from: Ranger 188 on June 03, 2020, 02:53:01 PMI've seen a off shoot of the 6 Grendel call a Grinch which is suppose to
be a super accurate cartridge for short range BR
The Grinch that stole X's

Windsage

I have a 6.5 Grendel and almost built a 6mm upper, but decided to go all the way and have been load testing a .224 Grendel instead.  So far, it's pretty fun. 

Ljwebb1969

Took the howa mini action in 6mm arc out yesterday. This was the first time for me to shoot it other than the gunsmith..
 Load work up shows good signs..cfe 223 between 29.4 snd 30.0 grains.

Ljwebb1969

Here is my rifle howa mini action with a 24 inch x caliber barrel 1,7 twist

autoxforfun

Quote from: Ljwebb1969 on September 07, 2020, 03:32:41 PMTook the howa mini action in 6mm arc out yesterday. This was the first time for me to shoot it other than the gunsmith..
 Load work up shows good signs..cfe 223 between 29.4 snd 30.0 grains.

I've had good results with CFE-223 but I have settled on RL-17 for the bolt gun.  This is for my 6mm Grendel.  I run 29.2g in Lapua brass driving the 105 Berger Hybrids.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough