News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Varget shortage?

Started by bikemutt, May 19, 2020, 08:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikemutt

A bud from ID called saying he was running low on Varget. He's a diehard 308 guy and turned me on to Varget a few years back. Anyway, I tried to find some and could only find a limited supply at Powder Valley.

I know Varget isn't a 6.5 staple, figured maybe the shooters here have some sources worth checking?
Chris

Ranger 188

Chris, what are you looking for?
Powder Valley has one pounders in stock.
You wanting 8lbs?
If either of you need some, I'd pick some up
and just keep checking in with them.
They are always getting powders in everyday.

bikemutt

@Ranger 188, ideally he want's 8lbs, I told him to get what he can from PV, even if 1lb cans.

Gunbroker.com has a few for sale at amazing prices. Ammoseek has nuffin.
Chris

Longhair

Don't get all twitchy about it. The apparent shortage is likely a temporary thing. A few months ago everyone was all in a tizzy over no H4350 anywhere, and now there's plenty.

Tell your buddy to just buy a pound or two to get by with until 8 pounders are available again.
Stay Out Of My Psychosis!

mnbogboy

I'm not finding primers that I need and limited powders locally.  I buy a pound or two when I find them.  Once I get to 4 or 5 pounds I blend them together in an "8" pound empty jug.  I repackage them in their original bottles and date them as a "blended lot" with a sharpie.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

The Marshall

There isn't a local gun store that stocks powders. I thought I would be smart and order some StaBall 6.5 from Grafs. Thier haz mat fee is only $12.50---not a big deal---and then FedEx charges $20 more for delivery. Good-bye to saving money that way.
By the way, they were out of Varget too when I ordered the StaBall.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.
Every man has got to know his limits.

bikemutt

I suggested IMR 4064, he found a bunch and will work up some loads for it.

Thanks for the input team :)
Chris

hotshotr2

Marvin