News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Who Here Uses OnTarget Software?

Started by Longhair, October 01, 2019, 08:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longhair

I just started using it, and I'm wondering what happened to the hole locator function? Did it not work well?
Stay Out Of My Psychosis!

mobenzowner

I use that software and have always manually located and marked the impacts myself.  I know that probably doesn't help you much.

Longhair

Quote from: mobenzowner on October 02, 2019, 02:57:52 PMI use that software and have always manually located and marked the impacts myself.  I know that probably doesn't help you much.
Really, I was just curious. I thought that perhaps it might do a more accurate job of it than I can. But, since they don't have that function anymore, maybe it didn't do it accurately/reliably enough?

Schrambo

Quote from: mobenzowner on October 02, 2019, 02:57:52 PMI use that software and have always manually located and marked the impacts myself.  I know that probably doesn't help you much.

Hmm, I've always used the manual method, and didn't know there was an "auto" function...  ;)  Again, no help...
Living the dream in the BoZone...

Longhair

Quote from: Schrambo on October 03, 2019, 12:57:52 PMHmm, I've always used the manual method, and didn't know there was an "auto" function...  ;)  Again, no help...
This video shows that it was an available function at some point, but I just bought it and it's not there now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqrDbPW6Ab4

Schrambo

Ah, that explains it... I cheaped out and got the PC version, not the TDS version...   :))
Living the dream in the BoZone...

Longhair

Quote from: Schrambo on October 06, 2019, 11:30:27 AMAh, that explains it... I cheaped out and got the PC version, not the TDS version...   :))
Okay. I didn't notice that distinction, and I bought the PC version too. Doh!

mobenzowner

Mystery solved.....Guess we were all right.  I too am a cheapo with just the PC version...

Longhair

I had a minor issue with the software.....it quit even loading.
A quick call to Jeff Block (the developer) and I'm back on track.

Had a great conversation with Jeff. Asked about upgrading to the TDS version, and he pretty much talked me out of it. I asked specifically about the hole finder functionality, and he flat out stated that the human eye is much more capable of accurately centering a hole in or over another hole than any $35 software.

BoomerVF14

I've never felt the need to go beyond the free/deprecated version 1.10, use it quite frequently.