News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

The most amazing stock I have ever seen!!!

Started by rardoin, April 29, 2019, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rardoin

This was posted on Accurate Shooter earlier this month.  I saw Johnny Ingram's stock up close and personal this weekend and the photos do not do it justice.  Just the maple used in the laminate was impressive in it's burl and patterns but what was done with the 'live edge' and void filling was a true work of art.  I would rather hang it on a mantle that shoot it!  I spoke to Omar, the gunsmith who built the rifle, and the time he took to complete the finish showed his dedication to his craft.  Cerus built the stock:

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/thanks-to-alonzo-custom-rifles-and-cerus-rifleworks.3977119/

Enjoy!

DHuffman

Dave

jvw2008

Yes, I'm a wood worker, and that is a piece of art. But a bit too gaudy for a working rifle for me.

rardoin

Quote from: jvw2008 on April 29, 2019, 03:34:14 PMYes, I'm a wood worker, and that is a piece of art. But a bit too gaudy for a working rifle for me.

I thought the same until I saw it in person.  It really is impressive although far from traditional.  I love great wood but this hybrid really grabbed me.  My new rifle would not impress you Jerry...it is a McMillan fiberglass stock with a kind of ugly gelcoat finish O:) .  I tried to get an LSU color combination but it kinda blended into a gay disco nightmare :o .  Matches my shooting mat though (I got this truly gawdy purple mat (like huggy bear's pimp suit) so no one would ever possibly mistake it for theirs.  LOL

jvw2008

Might not like your colors, but I do like the stock. Just got a red and cream McMillan for my BRA.

rardoin

Which one?  I got a Kestros ZR for F-open.  It's a dang looooonnnngggg stock.  I might have to get an extension for my EXTENDED joystick.  Reminds me of a '70's era long bed Ford Club Cab truck my dad bought.  Had the turning radius of a single screw supertanker!  It would help in steering the rifle at long range though.

jvw2008

Wheeler/McM - waiting to get married to a Borden

Looks like Dave's just a different color.

ohiococonut

As a woodworker and caster I wondered how long it would be before someone did a resin fill on a stock. I like it, it's different.
I have but one off the wall stock. It was painted by a gal in Florida and it now houses a Winchester model 70 stealth in 30-.06.
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you. It's what you leave behind you when you go.

sportacus

Quote from: rardoin on April 29, 2019, 03:44:02 PMI thought the same until I saw it in person.  It really is impressive although far from traditional.  I love great wood but this hybrid really grabbed me.  My new rifle would not impress you Jerry...it is a McMillan fiberglass stock with a kind of ugly gelcoat finish O:) .  I tried to get an LSU color combination but it kinda blended into a gay disco nightmare :o .  Matches my shooting mat though (I got this truly gawdy purple mat (like huggy bear's pimp suit) so no one would ever possibly mistake it for theirs.  LOL
Robin,
The description of your stock made me howl.  A couple of years ago, driving through NE Louisiana, on I-20, somewhere around Delhi, spotted a tower blind,  done properly in a Bayou Bengal motif.  Now that is a dedicated LSU fan. 
If you have the shot, take it.

Fuj

It don't have enough 6061-T6 aluminum in it to suit me.
As for Paint !! Like Ford said.....You can have any color
you want as long as it's black.....LOL

rardoin

Quote from: sportacus on April 29, 2019, 06:55:10 PMRobin,
The description of your stock made me howl.  A couple of years ago, driving through NE Louisiana, on I-20, somewhere around Delhi, spotted a tower blind,  done properly in a Bayou Bengal motif.  Now that is a dedicated LSU fan. 

My wife said the stock "looks gay!" and threatened to face time my gunsmith to see the person that would actually build a rifle on a stock of that color.  WOW  She is harsh!.  Next time she asks I think I will tell that "those jeans definitely make her look fat!"  One good turn deserves another!  My gunsmith said perhaps I should have it hydrodipped to preserve my marriage.  Nah...I think I'm gonna roll with it.  I can't wait to show up at Raton for the Nationals this fall with that thing on the firing line. :D

ohiococonut

That's exactly what my ex said when I bought an older teal colored S-10. I wanted a beater that was cheap on gas and wasn't concerned about the color. She didn't know what to say after we had a hail storm that made it look like a golf ball and the insurance company gave me more than I paid for it.
As far as commenting about how her jeans make her look, you're dancing with the devil there! Just wait 'till the flying monkeys come out! Hoo boy!!
It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you. It's what you leave behind you when you go.

mnbogboy

Quote from: rardoin on May 01, 2019, 10:13:56 AMMy wife said the stock "looks gay!" and threatened to face time my gunsmith to see the person that would actually build a rifle on a stock of that color.  WOW  She is harsh!.  Next time she asks I think I will tell that "those jeans definitely make her look fat!"  One good turn deserves another!  My gunsmith said perhaps I should have it hydrodipped to preserve my marriage.  Nah...I think I'm gonna roll with it.  I can't wait to show up at Raton for the Nationals this fall with that thing on the firing line. :D
When we were building the last house (20 years ago) my wife bought a shovel, and a garden rake with a rubberized grip on the wooden handles.  My buddy saw them and called them "gay".  I told my wife what he said.  Now anytime we are working outside and ask her for a shovel she throws in the dig "You mean the GAY shovel?". 
 Really got to watch what you say around the women folk! ????
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

boltman13

Robin, you tell her she looks fat in her jeans and you may not live to get to Nationals.  I hope to meet up with you this year at Raton.

rardoin

Quote from: boltman13 on May 10, 2019, 10:02:29 PMRobin, you tell her she looks fat in her jeans and you may not live to get to Nationals.  I hope to meet up with you this year at Raton.

LOL  I am registered for the LR portion of the match but will be there hoping to get on a 600yd team in Open class.  The .284 is coming along well...now it is....  story to follow...