Skip to main content
Topic: AMP annealer Aztec mode now available! (Read 1706 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AMP annealer Aztec mode now available!

Reply #60
And one more update from Brownells.

They have received confirmation that my annealer (and others I presume) have been shipped, and are in transit from AMP Annealing, to Brownells. Estimated two weeks to get to Brownells, and then mid-November or so to get to me.

At least this time, Brownells actually sent me an email, unprompted by me calling them and looking for status updates.

Reply #61
That's good news VA-Xbolt, I've been enjoying mine for quite a while, I'm sure you'll like it.

It'd be fun some time to trade brass and run independent Aztec calibrations to see how close different machines are.
Chris

Reply #62
I've got a boatload of factory 6.5cm Hornady brass, all once fired in my AO TMR, probably about 600 casings ready to go, so I'll have plenty to play with. Not sure I'm going to be in any rush to convert to Lapua brass and small primers, at least for some time.

Reply #63
Updating again, as I've heard back directly from AMP Annealing on another question. AMP has shipped 27 units to Brownells, and all their other dealers also have significant backorders.

My question to AMP related to their pilots, as the new Mark II has a different/new ceramic boss. AMP has confirmed that their pilots are interchangeable between Mark I and Mark II annealers.

Reply #64
I'm going to run out my twice-fired Starline brass before switching to Alpha. Happy to swap a few cases with you just to see if the beast is consistent.
Chris

Reply #65
I have one on backorder from Brownells too, but have received no notification.  That must mean there are fewer AMPs coming in than there are orders to fill. :(

Looking forward to using one though.

Henryrifle