Skip to main content
Topic: AMP annealer Aztec mode now available! (Read 2263 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AMP annealer Aztec mode now available!

Reply #45
For those talking about the AMP Annealer, it appears that my backorder for the AMP Annealer from Brownells (originally expected mid-July), is now at the "we don't know when we'll get it" state. I don't know if that means I might end up with the Mark II version, or not. I've asked Brownells to followup and try to get a better answer on delivery.

I may need to switch to the drinking/distilling aspects of this thread in the mean time...

Sigh

Reply #46
I may need to switch to the drinking/distilling aspects of this thread in the mean time...

Sigh

Meet my new $200/bottle rye. (my wife bought it for me)  I am looking for 5 gallons craft casks so I can age my rye and bottle my own. Knob Creek Rye is excellent and much less expensive.
I had a dream! Free at last, Free at last! Moving to Idaho

Reply #47
Capt...

I'm particularly partial to single malt scotches, with my favorite being the Glenmorangie. For bourbon have been leaning towards Blantons.

R

Reply #48
Got to love single malt scotch.
Yum

Reply #49
Well, looks like I need more single malt scotch.

Had an update from Brownells today via email. Basically, the backorders on the original AMP Annealing machine are being cancelled, in favor of the APM Mark II Annealing Machine, which includes the Aztec Functionality pre-installed. The new price is $1395 US with orders expected to be fulfilled around the end of August. So, my order will be changed to a pre-order for the new item, and I'll continue to wait.. It is beginning to make me wonder if it's worth it..

R

Reply #50
I got the same email.  I replied to keep my order.  Glad the price isn't @ $1500...but i wonder what Brownells will charge for shipping? 

Reply #51
Well, I'm on the Brownells "Edge" shipping plan, so it isn't a factor for me..

Reply #52
yup! Otherwise I would make this in smaller batches. OK maybe not! This batch has been on oak for 2 months and needs another 4 weeks but is fantastic.

Thats a beautiful colour mate. I bet IT IS good......
Don't look down on people unless you're helping them up.

Reply #53
Wow! These guys need some competition. 🤑

What happen the "Annie " annealer that Bryan used to put up on here years ago Jerry? Are they still about ?
Don't look down on people unless you're helping them up.

Reply #54
So has anyone heard when these will start to ship?  I have heard the last of August.... anyone heard anything different???
If you're gonna fight, fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.   ... and brother its starting to rain.

Reply #55
I'm only hearing late August from Brownells.

Reply #56
Another update from AMP.  Someone on Facebook asked and their reply was "hoping to ship mid September". I'm still waiting for my Brownell's backorder which I was able to get the extra 10% off.  Hopefully they follow through. 

Price for the Mark II seems to be $1395. 

On another note their AMP-MATE is shipping.  1st 60 units going to Graf's and 2nd going to Creedmoor sports.

Reply #57
Just confirming the "Mid-September" expectation from Brownells. Customer service said they got in "some", but not enough to fill backorders. So, for me, it's looking like 6 months start to finish..

Reply #58
Mark 2 got pushed back to mid October *sigh*

Reply #59
And yet another conversation with Brownells.

As of a couple of days ago, when I called them (again), they are now saying three more weeks, so Mid-October is about the same expectation for me.