News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Brass

Started by swampthang, February 06, 2016, 05:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo

Quote from: Nishon on August 22, 2017, 01:50:22 AMSwampthang you say you dont use bronze or copper brushes to clean your bore,how do you get rid of carbon and especially copper?i use boretech carbon remover and boretech copper remover and they work really well but wouldnt a bronze brush normally remove it out better? You guys shoot competitions so yourll know better and i want to know if im been using the wrong cleaning methods all this time.please advise.
I am 100% with Swampthang, exact procedure and products for me on benches. When you shoot 200+ rounds in comps a month you need to look after the barrels, as they are about $1000 to swap out here in Australia. I clean every 50 rounds (one set of 6 targets and warmers). Cheers Darryl
[Only punch holes in paper @200m, 300m, 500m & 1000yds]

swampthang

After trying it all I have settled on the boretech products to keep my match barrels squeaky shiny.
I have had good success with m pro 7 products to. But when you use a Larry Willis horoscope and can actually look down your barrels you can see for yourself what works and what doesnt. I use NYLON ONLY brushes . Never have used anything other. I'm no expert or gunsmith but I can see what works and how well. THEY can post and promise the world to get you to buy it but I'm satisfied. Till something better comes out lol.
A Larry  Willis horoscope is a tool that is invaluable to a serious rifleman. It allows you to see things you only heard of. A 300.00 investment worth every penny.
"kill em all"

lofty

Quote from: dadajack on February 06, 2016, 05:19:38 AMI did raise an eyebrow when I read that post about you recommending bronze or copper brushes for bores... Didn't sound right.

Ok, technically both eyebrows raised because I cannot raise just one eyebrow. It infuriates me. I can only turn my tongue over in one direction too. That's all I'm going to say about that.
Nobody's perfect mate.
JD