Skip to main content
Topic: Prime ammo in trouble (Read 306 times) previous topic - next topic

Prime ammo in trouble

I personally don't shoot Prime ammo, but think what RUAG/Norma
is doing to them it BS.  Unless their's more going on that we don't know.
Need to support an American co. not the giant foreign ones.
People are really upset about this and a go-fund me page might start up
to help pay legal costs.
Snipers Hide, is wanting big US distributors like Midway and Brownell's
to stop carrying RUAG products.
I know we have a small group here, but every person counts.
Need to hits these companies were it counts, pocket book.

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDIwMjk0/prime-ammunition-speaks-out-officially

Re: Prime ammo in trouble

Reply #1
Holy sheep dip! I see a serious battle blowing into town! Prime certainly has my support.
I had a dream! Free at last, Free at last! Moving to Idaho

Reply #2
Have used their 6.5 CM ammo since they started the company.  Very accurate and consistent.  Wondered why most products on their page showed "out of stock" for several months.  Now I know. 
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #3
Read the brief. Prime hasn't paid for the ammunition sold (on consignment).

Reply #4
@mbogo - are you saying there are two sides to this story?

Where did you find the brief?

Reply #6
Kinda figured there  was more to the story.  If you "poke the bear", he will eat your a**.  Hope it gets solved amicably because I  really like the PRIME stuff and the Norma load of Swift 130  Scirocco's.  Josh at Copper Creek will pick up my slack with Bergers that are more accurate and just as deadly.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #7
Looks like Prime didn't pay up.  How is this RUAG's fault?

besides holding Prime's ammo hostage, which is some ruthless business...but business is usually cut-throat.  (Or Prime getting tricked into paying what they owed anyways, and only paid ~$400K of it---for the 6.54S and 6CM)

Reply #8
Luckily, I don't have any skin in the game. Don't use Norma stuff or shoot Prime ammo.
Just reporting the news, hopefully not "Fake News"  :o
Their are always, two sides of the story.
Too bad it got to this point...  

Reply #9
Fortunately I don't have a dog in this fight. I own about 600 new 300WM cases made by Norma for a vendor in AZ that had them on closeout. Everything that I shoot is hand rolled except some handgun ammo that finds it's way to my shooting bag from friends.
Yes, there are at least 2 sides to every story with the truth somewhere out in no man's land!
I had a dream! Free at last, Free at last! Moving to Idaho

Reply #10
This seems like a long and involved situation for both Prime (limited funds and resources) and RUAG (lots of funds and legal staff) and the outcome is likely going to hurt both sides. 

Come to think of it, I dated a girl in high school named Norma.  When out with her once and haven't talked to her since.  Well, I have some 30 carbine Norma brass but that purchase was over 30 years ago.  Guess I won't be calling them either!!
In adversity remember to keep an even mind, train hard and fight easy.
                            Horace and Alexander Suvorov

Reply #11
Just FYI

More info on the situation with Prime. 

Snipershide podcast "the everyday sniper" episode 155.  Frank has Jim on as a guest and he explains their situation.

Reply #12
For those lurking, Prime has set up a page to help support their legal fund. The have pulled all the documents and interviews into that same page, as well as an FAQ relating to their defense fund which makes it easier to learn more, if you're so inclined.

http://www.primelegalfund.com/

Reply #13
Looks like Prime didn't pay up.  How is this RUAG's fault?

besides holding Prime's ammo hostage, which is some ruthless business...but business is usually cut-throat.  (Or Prime getting tricked into paying what they owed anyways, and only paid ~$400K of it---for the 6.54S and 6CM)

100% not true.  Read it or listen to the podcast on the hide.
The only thing better than me spending my own money, is my friends spending it for me

Reply #14
100% not true.  Read it or listen to the podcast on the hide.

I don't know what's what but have read two sides to the story here and elsewhere. Truth is likely a combination of both versions!
Dave