Skip to main content
Topic: Auto trickler (Read 903 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Auto trickler

Reply #15
Man you guys are not helping my wallet. After going round and round with the various auto dispensing scales I’ve about had enough.

The auto-thrower/trickler combo is the top of the heap.  Just the autotrickler and A&D scale is irreplaceable in my regimen.

Reply #16
The auto-thrower/trickler combo is the top of the heap.  Just the autotrickler and A&D scale is irreplaceable in my regimen.

With the Lee manual throw on top of the Area 419 lid with their offset funnel to the cup it was taking me about 16 minutes per 50 cases counting 3 do overs per 50 from trying to double charge cases. I can see where the auto throw would be very beneficial but I'm going to run it like this for a while.

Would have been nice if one of you guys would have told me about all this sooner. 😂
Dave

Reply #17
The hum of the auto trickler is soothing compared to the racket of a Chargemaster. Just sayin!
Dave

Reply #18
Well ya know you can lead a horse to water but sometimes they just won’t drink.

Reply #20
The hum of the auto trickler is soothing compared to the racket of a Chargemaster. Just sayin!

Mine sounds like its playing a little tune as it kicks into different stages... lol
Grant

Reply #21
I was absolutely determined to wait until I could find a way to connect my Harrel's thrower to the Autothrower stepper motor; I just could not give up that pricey, finely engineered, equipment for that plastic 'POS' Lee included with the unit.  Well...that 'POS' is humming along just fine while the Harrel's is doing time on the corner shelf :-[ .  I realized that for just dumping a crude charge the Lee is just fine.

Reply #22
Man you guys are not helping my wallet. After going round and round with the various auto dispensing scales I’ve about had enough.
All I find here are ways to shoot better and spend money.  Now I just have to shoot perfect and stop spending money.
Scott
Wannabe ELR shooter

Reply #23
rsb - when you figure out how to do that let us all know, we’ll come join you. 😊

Reply #24
rsb. Check you PM’s

Reply #25
Buy the best once and snivel once because after you start using it you will never cry.
I had a dream! Free at last, Free at last! Moving to Idaho

Reply #26
With the Lee manual throw on top of the Area 419 lid with their offset funnel to the cup it was taking me about 16 minutes per 50 cases counting 3 do overs per 50 from trying to double charge cases. I can see where the auto throw would be very beneficial but I'm going to run it like this for a while.

Would have been nice if one of you guys would have told me about all this sooner. 😂

We have been! http://www.65creedmoor.com/index.php?topic=10179.0
I had a dream! Free at last, Free at last! Moving to Idaho