Skip to main content
Topic: I ordered an Annealeez (Read 509 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: I ordered an Annealeez

Reply #15
I found the tank T fitting at Walmart. If not there, check with the place where you get your tanks filled if it is a propane yard.
I run the long hoses to my torches on my BenchSource from a T on the tank.
I will check walmart today thanks.

Reply #16
I think I am going to try the salt bath annealing. Seems to be much less chance of screwing it up.

Reply #17
I think I am going to try the salt bath annealing. Seems to be much less chance of screwing it up.

I don't have any trouble with the fire method, kinda fun!!  once I get my t splitter set up on my 20lb bottle, I'm laughing.

Reply #18
I don't have any trouble with the fire method, kinda fun!!  once I get my t splitter set up on my 20lb bottle, I'm laughing.

Your not supposed to be inhaling the gas, lol
Chris

Reply #20
Ok, so I found some hoses and fitting for the two torch heads.  I have a question, it is my understanding that the pressure of the 1 lb bottle will be the same as the 20 lb one, so I do not need a regulator.  Is this true of false?
edit: Does the Benchsource have a regulator?

Reply #21
Does the Benchsource have a regulator?

Negative, the torches are locked to the machine, the tanks are attached to the torch heads.

I'm not sure there is an option to run off bigger tanks with that unit.
Chris

Reply #23
Well during my soap test, my T valve leaks. Grrr
Swapped things around to narrow it down. Low and behold in one end of the T valve, the rubber gasket is missing. Off to the store in 10 min. Hopefully they have another one to swap out.

Reply #25
Glad you found one! What store? I was thinking maybe Ace Hardware might have them also.

Reply #26
Canadian tire. Got a replacement, last one they had. Test it out tomorrow.