Skip to main content
Topic: RAP...new stock recommendations? (Read 230 times) previous topic - next topic

RAP...new stock recommendations?

Looking and thinking about going with the Magpul for my RAP...thoughts, any better options? I am thinking that it is easier for me rather than the Boyds where it isn't plug and play.
Thanks!

Re: RAP...new stock recommendations?

Reply #1
Posted a couple of weeks ago on this topic.  Waited 14 months after I ordered and it arrived unexpectedly.   Cranked my case of the a** back up to warp drive and I sold it without opening the box.  Probably a great stock, but I will never know and I'm good with that.  Just a hunter.  B&C now making a drop-in for Ruger American that accommodates Predator profile.  Funds are little scarce right now but as soon as I come up for air, will have one.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #2
I think the Bell and Carlson is the way to go for sure- They are tried and true money well spent..
Marvin

Reply #3
I think the Bell and Carlson is the way to go..
Me too,, got one on order for my 243 RAP.
 I'll post a pic when its installed.

Have a Boyd's on my 6.5cm RAP and it feels heavy & bulky.
Had to do some bedding on the Boyd's to settle it down.
... rule #9 ...

Reply #4
The Magpul hunters are not that great for hunting IMHO, had 2 of them both Remingtons one long and one short action. The ergonomics and readily available accessories are great but bottom line they were too noisy for my liking.
Dave

Reply #5
Well... I'll sell you my RAP's Boyd's Classic brown laminated stock (and Magpul sling) for a mere $100.

See it in the classifieds for my RAP. Look at "Ruger American Predator - Customized". The sling and stock has flush cup swivels so shooting it off a bag won't catch on a sling stud.

PM me if interested.

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."

Reply #6
Litehiker...PM sent

Reply #7
The B&C stock for RAP was plug-n-play.

see : RAP s B&C

... rule #9 ...