News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Ruger Mark IV Recall

Started by txcas, June 08, 2017, 10:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txcas

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIVRecall/index.php?r=y

This is scary.  I need to check my 22/45 and send it in if necessary.

gman47564

good to know txcas .. I have one of the mark 111 hunters.. will have to check the serial number... havnt had any problems with it though
Grant

Learning One

It's only the MK IV's that are being recalled as far as I know. I purchased the hunter and installed the Volquartsen kit. They want all aftermarket accessories removed so I'm not going to send mine in. I did check it and could not create the problem.

Quote from: gman47564 on June 08, 2017, 07:00:21 PMgood to know txcas .. I have one of the mark 111 hunters.. will have to check the serial number... havnt had any problems with it though

flyer

I have been looking at getting one of these.

I'm not surprised by the safety issue, just look at what you need to do to field strip it, it's like the hokey-pokey with dry firing and magazine insertions, not safe at all.

I think it's all because of the stupid magazine disconnect.

The only safety on a gun is in between your ears, everything else is just a mechanical device that will kill if it fails.

Unfortunately manufacturers have to cover their liability instead of make a proper gun.

jeffmedlin

I have a Mark IV Hunter... it is a damn fine pistol.  I recently received the notice from Ruger that it is affected by the recall and they are asking me to send it in.  Seems like I am cursed on these recalls.  I bought a FN SCAR 17, and it was recalled for a defective bolt.... and now I am on my 3rd Savage .338 Lapua... the damn scope rail keeps coming loose!
If you're gonna fight, fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.   ... and brother its starting to rain.

ourway77

Quote from: jeffmedlin on November 01, 2018, 04:51:13 PMI have a Mark IV Hunter... it is a damn fine pistol.  I recently received the notice from Ruger that it is affected by the recall and they are asking me to send it in.  Seems like I am cursed on these recalls.  I bought a FN SCAR 17, and it was recalled for a defective bolt.... and now I am on my 3rd Savage .338 Lapua... the damn scope rail keeps coming loose!
Ruger hunter fixed and returned within a week sent me a new magazine for the trouble
Go Trump