News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Next upgrade?

Started by MSS, January 20, 2018, 12:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSS

Last year I retired my CED chrony for a LabRadar.
This year I bought a Forster CoAx (inbound).
I currently use Forster BR and Redding comp dies,Lee Collet dies and an older Pace digital scale with the infrared powder dispenser.
I'm thinking next might be the autotrickler and possibly Whidden dies?  I'm on the fence with the Whidden dies after reading some reviews of quality issues coupled with the fact that lots of folks seem to think the run out on the Forster dies is really low.
Autotrickler or dies?

SwampDog_13

I love my auto trickler and auto thrower setup. It makes charging cases enjoyable. If I were you I'd take the money you would put towards the new dies and add the auto thrower instead but you can't go wrong with either decision.  I also use the whidden dies but can compare them to any other set, they're the only creedmoor dies I've used.

brantfredrickson

Quote from: MSS on January 20, 2018, 12:34:08 PMLast year I retired my CED chrony for a LabRadar.
This year I bought a Forster CoAx (inbound).
I currently use Forster BR and Redding comp dies,Lee Collet dies and an older Pace digital scale with the infrared powder dispenser.
Autotrickler or dies?
Wait for that desire to well up inside of you. Don't worry it will come! When it does, try to hold back on that next upgrade by reading everything that's written about it. Use the search function of this forum and others that you have access to.  When you have a balance of reasons to go ahead and not to go ahead, make your move.
My last upgrade was a HBN bullet coating kit. Our local range is closed in January and  February, since they don't have any snow handling equipment.  Didn't stop me from coating 700 bullets. I haven't shot one. I hope HBN coated bullets won't be a detriment to my groups. Remember desire is a double edge sword, it can cut down an obstacle in front of you and it can wound you too! Best of luck!, Brant

jvw2008

MSS

Quote from: SwampDog_13 on January 20, 2018, 01:46:23 PMI love my auto trickler and auto thrower setup. It makes charging cases enjoyable. If I were you I'd take the money you would put towards the new dies and add the auto thrower instead but you can't go wrong with either decision.  I also use the whidden dies but can compare them to any other set, they're the only creedmoor dies I've used.
I really have been jonesing for the auto trickler.  I think the powder charger is cool too. My gut tells me in 2 years you will be able to punch in your charge and it will auto throw and auto trickle.  I can't wait that long though lol.

Appreciate all the advice.  Keep it coming!

Danbonzo

Quote from: MSS on January 20, 2018, 04:43:19 PMI really have been jonesing for the auto trickler.  I think the powder charger is cool too. My gut tells me in 2 years you will be able to punch in your charge and it will auto throw and auto trickle.  I can't wait that long though lol.

Appreciate all the advice.  Keep it coming!
Don't have to wait 2 years. Auto throw is up and running.
RIP Chris Cornell