News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

MOA all DAY?

Started by dnellans, July 19, 2017, 10:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadajack

Aside from the one weird stringer after adjusting the magnification, the higher node appears to be more stable, as you said. I'll shoot the rest of these, process the brass, and do some fine tuning on it to see how low it can go.

That guy next to me... bless his heart. ????
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
I have a lot of guns... There, I said it.

Ranger 188

My 5 shot group.  Sub .3

gman47564

nice shooting Gregg...
Grant

chazwood

Quote from: Ranger 188 on July 21, 2018, 09:07:39 PMMy 5 shot group.  Sub .3

That's some very nice shooting.

jvw2008

Quote from: Ranger 188 on July 21, 2018, 09:07:39 PMMy 5 shot group.  Sub .3

Show off ????!

Man that's what we all strive for. ???? Good job!

Danbonzo

Good shooting Ranger
RIP Chris Cornell

DHuffman

Dave

Ranger 188

Thanks all.  Finally figured out how to post since the forum change.  ( I'm a little slow )
Now I have to get that load out to 400 +  Would be nice to post groups like Dave and Robin. ( and others )
I know that won't happen, those 2 have forgot more about shooting than I know.
But thats half the fun, keep trying to improve your self and keep learning from the best on here!   ;)
 Gregg

rardoin

Quote from: Ranger 188 on July 22, 2018, 08:22:25 PMWould be nice to post groups like Dave and Robin. ( and others )
 Gregg

That thar is funny!  You posted groups as good as we all get on a given day short of the SR benchrest guys/gals.  That is a great 5 shot group!  I'd post my score from one of my 1000yd matches this weekend but I might get shamed and banned!  LOL....dropped 18 points out of 200 possible and a 569-10X on the aggregate for the day.  Some days your the hammer, some days the nail. :-[

Denver Steve

Quote from: rardoin on July 23, 2018, 11:47:55 AMSome days your the hammer, some days the nail. :-[

As long as you werent the board!!!

Danbonzo

Quote from: rardoin on July 23, 2018, 11:47:55 AMThat thar is funny!  You posted groups as good as we all get on a given day short of the SR benchrest guys/gals.  That is a great 5 shot group!  I'd post my score from one of my 1000yd matches this weekend but I might get shamed and banned!  LOL....dropped 18 points out of 200 possible and a 569-10X on the aggregate for the day.  Some days your the hammer, some days the nail. :-[

Yup. It happens to all of us, all we can do is learn and come back stronger.
RIP Chris Cornell

Ranger 188

Nice day, took it out to 475 yds.
4 shots. two to the left, in almost the same hole.  .343 M.O.A.
Not as good as Dave, but very happy considering I was shooting off the roof of my truck with bipod and rear bag.

dnellans

Quote from: Ranger 188 on July 28, 2018, 09:52:26 PMNice day, took it out to 475 yds.
4 shots. two to the left, in almost the same hole.  .343 M.O.A.
Not as good as Dave, but very happy considering I was shooting off the roof of my truck with bipod and rear bag.

alright alright you 5 (or 4) shot heroes....  (not picking on your Ranger you're just the most recent post)

the deal way back on page 1 of this thread was - 5 groups of 5 shots as a minimum.  or any other variation of ~25 shots you might want to come up with.
For the folks showing their single 5, 4, or even 3 (gasp) shot groups.  who thinks they could back that up with 4 more identical targets?

"peanuts, they're neither a pea nor a nut.  discuss"

jvw2008

dnellans says somebody is "full of beans"! ????

dnellans

i'd never do such a thing! :)

in embarrassing note - i recently had some mistakes in my excel spreadsheet and was expecting my .5 moa 5 shots groups to be .75moa groups at 300 yards (with more shots too). as a result i thought my shooting had gone way off the rails

long story short, excel is easy to screw up

<= .5 MOA 5 shot group at 100 yards == slightly sub MOA 15 shot groups at 300 yards