News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

AMP annealer Aztec mode now available!

Started by bikemutt, April 12, 2018, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadams1563

I can't wait for another company to come in and rip them off. Charging $1500 probably for the "new" machine should be illegal.

They need competition so they get a reality check for sure.

CaptGrumpy

My Bench-Source is doing just fine by me. No need nor desire to spend money on a product that is not proven reliable and still a first generation. Spent my cash on a fruit grinder and a hydro press for juicing my plums, peaches apples and grapes to make the finer things in life.
Chris
Yup! That is a 6.5 in my saddle scabbard

Aussie65

Quote from: CaptGrumpy on June 30, 2018, 01:22:26 AMMy Bench-Source is doing just fine by me. No need nor desire to spend money on a product that is not proven reliable and still a first generation. Spent my cash on a fruit grinder and a hydro press for juicing my plums, peaches apples and grapes to make the finer things in life.

The AMP is a great machine bud. I have had mine for about 12 months. Have done a lot of cases with it 204- 338LM
The results have been nothing short of excellent. Even pulling some amazing groups out of factory hunting rifles.
IMO the Aztec thing sounds like snake oil to me. It's an annealer , how can it analyse brass ?
I won't be bothering with it. If you follow the instructions & even over time experiment a little yourself you don't need it.
As long as the groups are small & the gongs are dinging I couldn't care less.
Doing your batches the same is all that matters.
It's getting way overthought.

Don't look down on people unless you're helping them up.

CaptGrumpy

Quote from: Aussie65 on June 30, 2018, 03:31:48 AMDoing your batches the same is all that matters.
It's getting way overthought.

Exactly my thought on the matter! I have had my bench-source for a couple of years and it does everything that I need it to so no need for the new & improved as I have yet to ruin any cases. However my fruit press did come yesterday and I pressed a bucket of plums from the tree and it took no time at al. now the big decision is do I start another batch of plum mash in a second fermenter to make a second batch of plum whiskey this season or make plum preserves? Just got a new batch of Starline brass to prep for the winter shooting months. 
My fermenters.

6 gallon carboy of apple whiskey
Chris

Aussie65

I bet you have a lotta drinking buddy's ????????

sako52

I'll get an AMP when they become available again. I couldn't care less about the Aztec software. Don't need it and don't want it.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

DDRH65CM

Quote from: sako52 on July 01, 2018, 04:51:16 PMI'll get an AMP when they become available again. I couldn't care less about the Aztec software. Don't need it and don't want it.

You'd have to get a used one...maybe refurbished?  (if available?)  the new batches will be the "Mark II" and AZTEC is integrated/standard. hopefully won't be more than $1300.

sako52

Quote from: DDRH65CM on July 01, 2018, 07:55:35 PMYou'd have to get a used one...maybe refurbished?  (if available?)  he new batches will be the "Mark II" and AZTEC is integrated/standard. hopefully won't be more than $1300.

Thanks for the info. I live not too far from where they make them. Might drop in some time and see what they can do.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

Kadams1563

CaptGrumpy

Quote from: Aussie65 on July 01, 2018, 02:31:20 AMI bet you have a lotta drinking buddy's ????????

yup! Otherwise I would make this in smaller batches. OK maybe not! This batch has been on oak for 2 months and needs another 4 weeks but is fantastic.

Chris

MLN1963

Do you char the oak and then insert it into the vessel for aging/flavor?  Since the plastic doesn't breath like ask barrels how does that effect the aging process?
RPR 6.5 Creedmoor
Bergara 6 Creedmoor

CaptGrumpy

I buy the pre charred oak stave with a medium plus char and the carboy is glass. It really mellows after about a year after it is bottled if it lasts that long. It is super smooth even at 101 proof. I hid 3 bottles of my plum whiskey from 3 years ago and opened one the other day and the vultures were circling the table with their tasting glasses till it was all gone. I enjoy taking a bottle to the brewery and sharing. I am thinking of opening a small distillery with a small tasting room wherever I end up next year. I just ran a batch of Kumquat that I mashed 3 1/2 years ago and was going to toss and it is amazing so far. I only made 5 gallons of mash and that will yield about 3-4 bottles at 90 proof. right now I have 30 gallons of plum mash to run when finished and 5 gallons of peach and 5 gallons of apricot. As soon as I clear some of my fermenters I will pick up another 30-60 gallons of  fresh apple cider from the local apple farm. I was going to do a batch of rye but decided to hold off till I can secure 5-10 5 gallon oak barrels to age with. That requires firing up my brewhaus
Chris

Aussie65

That's some handy skills mate.
I'd never get out of the driveway with all the taste testing ????????

MLN1963

CaptGrump

I hope you end up in TX that is someplace real close to me in Oklahoma.  ;D  :))  :D
RPR 6.5 Creedmoor
Bergara 6 Creedmoor

CaptGrumpy

Thanks guys! This was a threaded about getting loaded, right?
Chris