News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Seating question

Started by LeadHammer, September 23, 2018, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeadHammer

So as I reloaded two rounds, forgetting to brush the case mouth with my graphite,  proceed to correct my mistake with the rest.
I can't believe the difference in the seating effort. ( forgot ). So having neck tension of 0.002" unlubed equal 0.002" lubed??

jvw2008

The dimensions will be the same but theoretically the "grip" will be different. It would be interesting to chronograph some of those round and compare velocities. The unlubed cases should develop a little more pressure and therefore have a slightly higher velocity.

swampthang

Jerry
If you remember when we started the polishing of necks and dry lube seating you do get aboit 12 fps faster speeds.
I still polish AND dry lube, seems to give me the most consistencey in es.
Hope this helps.
"kill em all"

DHuffman

Quote from: swampthang on September 23, 2018, 08:56:56 PMJerry
If you remember when we started the polishing of necks and dry lube seating you do get aboit 12 fps faster speeds.
I still polish AND dry lube, seems to give me the most consistencey in es.
Hope this helps.

Polishing the inside of the necks? Please elaborate on your process and what are you using for dry lube and how are you applying it?
Dave

LeadHammer

Quote from: jvw2008 on September 23, 2018, 08:24:28 PMThe dimensions will be the same but theoretically the "grip" will be different. It would be interesting to chronograph some of those round and compare velocities. The unlubed cases should develop a little more pressure and therefore have a slightly higher velocity.
Yes that's what I think too. I need to borrow a Lab Radar and compare.