Skip to main content
Topic: AMP annealer Aztec mode now available! (Read 1708 times) previous topic - next topic

AMP annealer Aztec mode now available!

:D
Chris

Re: AMP annealer Aztec mode now available!

Reply #1
Man that would be a nice addition. 

Reply #2
You guys that have these expensive annealers should do our brass to help recoup the cost....wink, wink

Reply #3
Here is my version of it.................... yes it's ok to laugh!!!

Reply #4
The cost delta from a Bench-Source to the AMP wasn't too bad, I paid for it by staying with my Magnetospeed instead of buying a Labradar :)

I don't have anywhere outdoors to run a flame thrower annealer, running one indoors made me ask the eternal question "what could possibly go wrong?"

Chris

Reply #5
I have to be very careful, I have a tight budget this year.  Want too many things. Bench-source, LabRadar, new riflescope, rangefinder. However the most important for me would be consumables, so gonna focus on that. Also prices are more up here, it would be around $4000.

Reply #7
We just get screwed Canada. Exchange rate, and for some reason products are just more money.
Breakdown for $4g's is  -Lab Radar=$1000
                                       - PST gen 2 3-15, Nightforce SHV 4-14, Sig Saur Wiskey 5 all are $1300-1700.
                                       - Sig 2200 rangefinder $800,  Leica 2700 $1200
                                       - Bench Source, not even sure, $799

Then to drive my truck right now sucks.  regular gas is 1.14 per litre. You are probably 2.20-2.60 per US gallon??
At least I have powder and primers, bullets will be needed still lol. ( I do have a max 500 yard rangefinder, so have to range and add distances.)

Reply #8
Sorry, I misunderstood, thought AMP annealer was $4000 by itself.
Chris

Reply #9
Haha yep that would be extra insane. 

Reply #10
Update:

I received my unlock code and set about upgrading the annealer this morning. There were a few hiccups with USB connection between the PC and and the machine, and a few hangups while the two talked to each other. At one point I ended up plugging the annealer into a different USB port to get things going.

In any event, I got the Aztec software installed and unlocked.

Ran through an Analyze cycle, everything worked perfect.

I'm running out of excuses for bad groups :)
Chris

Reply #11
Chris,

Glad you've got it all working. The AMP Annealer is one of the next two things on my lists.

Randall

Reply #12
Unfortunately --- no MAC version :(

Reply #13
daved41, if you know someone with a PC with an Internet connection you could take the annealer there. It's pretty simple, connect to PC with USB, download and install the updater software from AMP, run the updater. Once it's done it'll ask if you want to enter an unlock code, enter it. It connects to mother ship which associates the unlock code with the serial number of the annealer, then it unlocks the annealer, you are done.

It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes then you are done with the PC.
Chris