News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

6.5 x 47 Lapua reborn

Started by DHuffman, December 25, 2018, 03:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHuffman

Most of you guys that have been around here awhile know I have a 28" full bull Shilen Select Match barrel that I've rolled around to several different actions.

It's been on at least 2 short action model 10s a model 11 and last time I put it on a 112 V single shot long action.

I need the 112V long for a .300 PRC I'm gathering pieces for so I tore it down this morning.

I recently picked up a single shot short (4.270") action with a SSS competition trigger and also a pretty slick benchrest stock to fit the action. The 28" one holer barrel now lives on this action after a 2-3 hour sanding fest to enlarge the barrel channel.

Can't wait to load some 130s and put it up on my Shadetree Joystick and start shooting it again.

The target pic was this barrel on the 112V the last time I tuned it.

Dave

DHuffman

Scoped up with a 6-24 Vortex Viper PST
Dave

gman47564

dave you need some red flames flickering down the forarm of that bad boy... :)
Grant

DHuffman

Quote from: gman47564 on December 25, 2018, 05:37:12 PMdave you need some red flames flickering down the forarm of that bad boy... :)

I like it! I need to bed it yet. Had to mill out the recoil lug so the action screws would line up. Had to remove a fair amount of barrel channel and the PO had the nut and about 2" forward  of the nut bedded so I sanded out a bunch of that too so it's free floated.

Dave

Danbonzo

That pipe is a hammer, nice shooting sir .
RIP Chris Cornell

Fuj

Dave....The way that barrel keeps transforming into other
actions, just call it "BumbleBee".

DHuffman

Going to pack up my 3 flat back single shot bolts and send them out for "lift kits" and bushings. The long will be swapped over to a magnum bolt head for the .300 PRC, it's got a pretty heavy lift now, the short on this rifle isn't that bad but I'm going to do it anyway and the intermediate in 6 BR should benefit the most as it's extremely heavy. I'll probably do some trigger work on it after the bolt work.

Have a very nice Stockade BR stock coming for the 6 BR should be here today.   
Dave