News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Alpha Munitions Brass

Started by jvw2008, July 15, 2018, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

Aww shucks Greg - you blew it!  I was getting ready to put that sales pitch together today and talk to him about it tomorrow. ????

gman47564

Quote from: Ranger 188 on October 07, 2018, 01:35:34 PMGrant, you need a backhoe, to dig that rabbit hole... ( cave )

Gregg you never know... after trying them I might take that backhoe and stomp that rabbit hole shut...lmao !!!!
Grant

gman47564

well my 6mm creedmoor alpha brass came yesterday.. havnt had a chance to do much with it yet but did weigh 30 of them... dry weight... in the 30 I weighed they had a .8 gr. spread... which impresses me.. but what really impressed me was 26 of those 30 were within .3 gr. of each other..  I had 2 that were 140.8   26 that were between 141 and 141.3 and 1 that was 141.5 and 141.6 gr... their about too dang pretty to load...lol but I will soon with re 16 and 105 gr. berger hybrids...
Grant

jvw2008

So how many are you going to cull?  ????

gman47564

lol well after checking base to shoulder .375 datum line I did have one that was .005 more than the other 9 I checked... decided they wasn't any need to check any more... lol so to answer that jerry none will be culled... :)
Grant

jvw2008

Think you know I'm just pullin your chain. ????

Fuj

Jerry rebroadcast the link, in Rangers thread, so I thought
I'd bump it back up.

I need a hat.....

jvw2008

Thanks Fuj. I wanted to get the case capacity data back up in the discussion. If all these numbers remains this good across different cartridge cases, Lapua is going to lose their rep as best brass in the market.

Fliers

Just ordered 100.  Thanks for the tip.

Fuj

Quote from: jvw2008 on January 10, 2019, 09:29:41 AMThanks Fuj. I wanted to get the case capacity data back up in the discussion. If all these numbers remains this good across different cartridge cases, Lapua is going to lose their rep as best brass in the market.

I usually have no problem avoiding your Jedi mind tricks, but
the Alpha brass did trip me up. I've been stock piling the shelves
with goodies for the 150 SMK endeaver. I do have over 400 sorted
and prepped Hornady cases for this project. About the only reason
not to have pulled the trigger on the Alpha is, case capacity. But I
still want that hat.....LOL

dnellans

Are you planning on running them really hot Fuj?  I was also surprised at the case capacity in my measurements and testing but using a drop tube I've now got them taking 42.4gr's of RL-16 which is running them as hot as I'd like to go with my load/barrel.  I was running 43.5-.7ish in hornady's to get the same velocity.

Danbonzo

Quote from: Fuj on January 10, 2019, 10:42:13 AMI usually have no problem avoiding your Jedi mind tricks, but
the Alpha brass did trip me up. I've been stock piling the shelves
with goodies for the 150 SMK endeaver. I do have over 400 sorted
and prepped Hornady cases for this project. About the only reason
not to have pulled the trigger on the Alpha is, case capacity. But I
still want that hat.....LOL

Resistance is futile.
Alpha will be turning out 6br soon=BOOM!
RIP Chris Cornell

Fuj

Quote from: dnellans on January 10, 2019, 11:38:07 AMAre you planning on running them really hot Fuj?  I was also surprised at the case capacity in my measurements and testing but using a drop tube I've now got them taking 42.4gr's of RL-16 which is running them as hot as I'd like to go with my load/barrel.  I was running 43.5-.7ish in hornady's to get the same velocity.

It's never my intention to run anything hot. But with the
combination of things I plan on using, I should be able to
ring some numbers up there, and still keep my face in one
piece....LOL