News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

1350 possibly..

Started by gman47564, September 15, 2018, 04:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

me and a few of my shooting buddies are going deep tomorrow morning :D been awhile since I have had a chance to shoot past 430 yards but will tomorrow... were headed to the river bottoms to shoot down a old dirt road...according to my sig kilo 2000 we can go out to 1350 yards... will set up multiple targets from 400 to 1350... think I will take my 6mm creedmoor its shooting really well... course my 6.5 is too so may take them both.. I would say I got a score to settle with that 300 win mag but I took care of that the last time we went... I shot my 6 a few times this evening to make sure every thing was right with the world and it was... my ab app was spot on and so was the gun... I shot a 3 shot group at 430 yards using my first hit as my aim point and sent two more and through the pst gen2 5x25x50 scope I could only see one hit...  ;D but heard the distinct ring... so gun is good...load is good ... app is good... now just hope the weather is good in the morning... which its supposed to be... a success tomorrow will be a first round hit at a grand... will be disappointed if I don't get it... sorry for rambling but im kinda excited...lol
Grant

DHuffman

You'll do fine Grant.  Don't put too much pressure on yourself for a 1st round hit, conditions will have more to do with it than you or your gear.
Dave

gman47564

thanks dave.. no pressure man... just faith...lol
Grant

jvw2008

Well I want you to know I'm going to be disappointed, no disgusted!, if you report back with bad news. Pressure's on buddy ???? Don't let us down.

Danbonzo

RIP Chris Cornell

jvw2008

Nah he's cheatin'. Got an alley way of trees down both sides of that road.

DHuffman

First round hits are easy.............shooting at this!

Dave

Ranger 188

Grant, should have waited to posts your results tomorrow,
like Jerry said no pressure everyone will wait for the report. 
No pressure..  LOL
As Dave said, a first round hit is a bonus but it's usually
a teller of where you want the rest to go. 
I want the 1350 hit, even if it takes a couple.   8)

Ranger 188

Dave, even Jerry could hit that thing..   :o

jvw2008

I would need to shoot from where the camera was when Dave took that picture  ????

Danbonzo

Quote from: jvw2008 on September 15, 2018, 06:07:11 PMNah he's cheatin'. Got an alley way of trees down both sides of that road.
Windless range? ????
RIP Chris Cornell

Steamer

Heck, I found that target on Google Earth.....
The most misused words in the English language are "can't" and "won't".

gman47564

lol... no tree lines to block the wind.. and in the river bottoms theirs always wind... and usually moving in 2 or 3 different direction... supposed to be in the mid 80's tomorrow so will have to deal with the mirage as well... it wont be easy... but I have confidence.. :) I do wish I had daves target... that thing is just awesome... I have hit at 1200 a couple times but 1350 I dunno... that's out there... Gregg according to my ab app my dang 6 creedmoor is running 3208 now...lol I don't know if I got something put in wrong or what but at 250 , 300 and 430 my holds are dead on to what its telling me... hell I may melt the barrel down on it tomorrow ...lol the funny thing is I don't even care its shooting that good... and no signs of pressure...
Grant

gman47564

Well Jerry. Sorry to disgust you. Lol. Was full of confidence going down there till we started setting targets up and then had concers???? the wind... I hate wind.. any way I started at 500. Had a 12 inch plate and a six inch plate. Good hit on the big one my first shot. So went to the little one and hit there right off the bat . 4 out of 5 I think. Then to 800. Missed my first the hit 3 or 4 times. Pretty good wind from are 2oclock. Back and forth between 5 and 10 mph. Was using my magpul bipod and a new Caldwell lite shooting table. Which I like by the way. Other than it having a slick top on it. And was having trouble loading the bipod. Any way no excuses. Then to a 1000. Fired 5 rounds with narry a hit???? . Couldn't hold the gun still with the bipod damn wind blowing hard one minute and not so much the next. So I quit for a bit. Let the other guys all shoot.  They was struggling to at a 1000 other than the guy with the 300 win mag. He was making good hits. So I get back up there. Fold the legs up on the bipod and use my old bags. And said to myself Jerry is going to give you all kinds of crap if you don't hit this. ???? let one fly and hit. High left made a slight correction and hit four more on a 16 inch circle. Redeemed myself with the bag. Then tried for 1300. 6 or 7 rounds and couldn't connect on a 20 x 20 plate. Grrr so took a break. Then went back to a 1000 and hit it 3 more times in a row so back to 1300 with the bipod this time. Got the legs kinda wedged in some lettering in the table top and first was a miss then I hit one. Then I missed then another hit and a miss. So 2 out of 5 at 1300. ????
Grant

gman47564

Well crap I took a pic of the 1300 yard target. At least I thought I did. But it's not on my phone. Grrr.  So no pic so it didn't happen guess. Damnit!! Got witnesses  though. Lol. Took one of where we were shooting and it's on here but the target one isn't. That tree line way back there is 1300.
Grant