Skip to main content
Topic: Bullet seating (Read 367 times) previous topic - next topic

Bullet seating

Hello everyone I am building a new load for my new savage 110 tactical rifle. It has 1.8 twist 24 in barrel. I am using hornady 95 gr vmax. The bullet touches the lands at 2.233 ".  I am wondering how far off the lands for a starting point.
Thanks
Dave
New freedom PA
If I'm not reloading, hunting or shooting I'm not happy!

Re: Bullet seating

Reply #1
Most start out around .020 off the lands  so 2.213. Are you measuring off the Ogive as that’s going to be your most accurate measurement

Reply #2
Thanks that's where I started at and yes I am measuring from the ogive. I didn't know if the creedmoor was any different.

Thanks,
Dave
New Freedom PA

Reply #3
I think that tactical you have is what they used to call the fcp-sr and I have one of those with a precision armament m1a muzzle break. I'm shooting a Berger vld 140 grain with 42.2 grains of IMR 4350 and federal 210 primers in Hornady brass seated 0.005 off that consistently shoots half minute or better. I think they're real good shooting rifles. How do you like it so far? Does yours have the new accu-fit stock?

Reply #4
I just got the rifle and finished working up an load i started with .020 off the lands. The stock is very nice feels great and has aluminum bedding. I did have to modified the stock to install a timney trigger. I will let you know how it shoots range time Wednesday.

Dave
New FreedomPA