Skip to main content
Topic: Need 20 moa rail Tikka T3X Tac A-1 (not anymore, got rings instead) (Read 1380 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Need 20 moa rail Tikka T3X Tac A-1 (not anymore, got rings instead)

Reply #15
.- I am looking for a Spuhr Mount
makw, be my guest.  I declined his kind offer.
Tikka T3x Tac A1 6.5 cm

Reply #16
My concern about a 20 moa rail for my T3X Tac A-1 (in 6.5 cm) is about potential problems matching with the rail over the handguard.  One would think that someone has such a rail for sale, including a photo of how it looks on this rifle.

I know this post is probably dead but I wanted to address your issue. I had a 20 MOA rail made for mine.

Reply #17
If you don't  mind my asking, how much did the custom rail cost?

Reply #18
If you don't  mind my asking, how much did the custom rail cost?

Too much when said and done! The only reason I had it sent out and made was because I had already taken the factory rail off! I was assured by multiple vendors their rail would fit the TAC A1 model, come to find out nobody is making one. And my peronal preference is to mount my scopes with rings. So I paid the minimum charge to have it made. By the time everything was tallied (drawing/design, 7075 aluminum bar stock, screws, annodizing, etc) it was not worth the venture for 1 rail. So I had as many rails made out of the 1 piece of bar stock as possible. I will be listing the left over rails soon, once I finish mounting/lapping my scope.
In summary, definitely not worth it for 1 rail.

Reply #19
I know I am late to this thread and maybe I am the only one moving scopes between rifles but given that I sometimes shoot semi-autos, I have standardized on 0 MOA rails and always mount the scope in  20 MOA mounts.  I have used both the Nightforce Unimounts as well as the LaRue QD mounts like the LT112.

I used to be afraid that I would loose the zero but both mounts reliably return to zero when used on the same rifle.  I do have to take some notes when I move the mount to a different rifle.  I use the LaRue index clips, a plastic picatinny clip-on, that makes it easy to reattach the the mount exactly where it was.

You are going to love the Tikka T3X TAC A1.  I like mine so much I have two!  It is surprising that it does not come with a canted scope base but there are a lot of good options.

If you do use either of the examples that I use, and you use a sun shade on your optic, it is a challenge to find scope covers that will work and not interfere with the rail.  I've had to "modify" some by removing some of the plastic material to make them work.  If using Nightforce Optics the Tenebraex covers work fine.

Henryrifle