News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

PVA

Started by Danbonzo, February 24, 2019, 10:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbonzo

Just wanted to give a shout out to Patriot Valley Arms for once again delivering the goods. 
I typically supply them my own blanks when it's time to retire the spent barrel. So fairly recently after getting my ducks in a row for the upcoming season, I sent them a Hawk Hill blank I had waited months for. Josh spun me up a fresh pipe for my 6 Dasher. Mind you, my receiver did not accompany the blank, and he managed to get the barrel back to me shouldered for my TL3. I set final torque and checked headspace w a fired case, good to go. Just finished getting another 175 rds down it yesterday for a total of 225rds fired to date. Right on schedule, match in 2 wks... MV has stabilized and I'm calling it good to go. Mostly positional work when I practice, but I changed primers so I shot some groups to verify moa. I'm seeing low teens and I have yet to even make a final decision on what jump I'm going to run. Good problem to have lol.
The best part is the consistency that Josh can maintain. My fired brass is spot on to the previous chamber. The most extreme spread I can detect is half a thousandth. To put that into perspective I don't even need to adjust the lock ring on my sizing die to set bump on brass for the new chamber. Can't ask for better than that on the job that PVA delivers. Obvious to anyone paying attention how stringent he is about monitoring the wear on his tooling, i.e. reamers. To measure up (literally) to the standard on which he imposes on his chamber work continues to only build my confidence that I have for his work and services. The proof is on the target. IMPACT!
Dan
Ps. Forget to mention, he also cut me a .223 Wylde that is a laser beam.
RIP Chris Cornell

lathoto

Saved to favorites.  Accuracy is only a matter of time.
See you at the range.

Blinkster

I was going to have them spin up a barrel for my RPR but they do not offer the 6x47 lapua in a 7 twist.  I did purchase their replacement barrel nut.  I think it is a better option than the original one.

Danbonzo

Quote from: Blinkster on February 25, 2019, 03:30:02 PMI was going to have them spin up a barrel for my RPR but they do not offer the 6x47 lapua in a 7 twist.
Patience, trust me ????
RIP Chris Cornell

Regnar

I'm looking at him for a pre fit for a curtis axiom
The only thing better than me spending my own money, is my friends spending it for me

DHuffman

I keep checking his options out and 26" is as long as I see. I'm thinking about a 28" 6 Creedmoor for my target action.
Dave

gman47564

Better order it now if you want to shoot it before it gets cold again Dave. My boy ordered a 28 nosler barrel from Josh and it took a good 5 months. Just got it last week.
Grant

DHuffman

Quote from: gman47564 on April 03, 2019, 09:29:29 PMBetter order it now if you want to shoot it before it gets cold again Dave. My boy ordered a 28 nosler barrel from Josh and it took a good 5 months. Just got it last week.

That's good information there but I'm still on the fence so I'll wait a while.
Dave

DHuffman

Probably get one from James if that's the case. I've got enough patience building projects already.
Dave

Ranger 188

Dave, on his site it shows only out to 26"
I'm pretty sure he can do longer.
I just texted him to make my 22 creed 27-28 and said no problem.
He only orders blanks for his builds and cuts them to 26 or less.
Custom jobs, I know he's done longer.
I usually order what I want thru Bugholes, have it sent to me and then send to him to chamber.
He's running 4-5 months

Quest1000

I've been waiting for over 4 months on a barrel from PVA. I'm hoping it will be in soon. Just a heads up on wait times but it will be worth it.

DHuffman

Quote from: Ranger 188 on April 03, 2019, 09:52:55 PMDave, on his site it shows only out to 26"
I'm pretty sure he can do longer.
I just texted him to make my 22 creed 27-28 and said no problem.
He only orders blanks for his builds and cuts them to 26 or less.
Custom jobs, I know he's done longer.
I usually order what I want thru Bugholes, have it sent to me and then send to him to chamber.
He's running 4-5 months

If you're ordering blanks elsewhere Field and Cave is selling Rock Creek blanks now as well as other cool must have gear.
Dave