News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

AMP annealer Aztec mode now available!

Started by bikemutt, April 12, 2018, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA-XBolt

And one more update from Brownells.

They have received confirmation that my annealer (and others I presume) have been shipped, and are in transit from AMP Annealing, to Brownells. Estimated two weeks to get to Brownells, and then mid-November or so to get to me.

At least this time, Brownells actually sent me an email, unprompted by me calling them and looking for status updates.

bikemutt

That's good news VA-Xbolt, I've been enjoying mine for quite a while, I'm sure you'll like it.

It'd be fun some time to trade brass and run independent Aztec calibrations to see how close different machines are.
Chris

VA-XBolt

I've got a boatload of factory 6.5cm Hornady brass, all once fired in my AO TMR, probably about 600 casings ready to go, so I'll have plenty to play with. Not sure I'm going to be in any rush to convert to Lapua brass and small primers, at least for some time.

VA-XBolt

Updating again, as I've heard back directly from AMP Annealing on another question. AMP has shipped 27 units to Brownells, and all their other dealers also have significant backorders.

My question to AMP related to their pilots, as the new Mark II has a different/new ceramic boss. AMP has confirmed that their pilots are interchangeable between Mark I and Mark II annealers.

bikemutt

I'm going to run out my twice-fired Starline brass before switching to Alpha. Happy to swap a few cases with you just to see if the beast is consistent.
Chris

Henryrifle

I have one on backorder from Brownells too, but have received no notification.  That must mean there are fewer AMPs coming in than there are orders to fill. :(

Looking forward to using one though.

Henryrifle

VA-XBolt

Hooray!

Brownells just called me to verify that I still want the AMP annealer that has been on backorder since April. Well, yes.. So, mine will ship out today. Hopefully the rest of you will be getting yours soon as well.

DDRH65CM

I got the call from Brownell's as well.  Got tracking,  should get it by Tues.  Was able to get the 10% off with free shipping too!

hambone1971

Another option for do it your selfers is here http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/induction-brass-annealer-redux.3908353/
It's called the Gina Eric Annealer, I put one together and it works very well.
As a young man they said your starting out in the machine shop as a Hambone. Here's a broom, scoop and wheel barrel. Those were some fun days.

Denver Steve

Quote from: hambone1971 on October 26, 2018, 05:05:59 PMAnother option for do it your selfers is here http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/induction-brass-annealer-redux.3908353/
It's called the Gina Eric Annealer, I put one together and it works very well.

looks like all i gotta do is rip my computer i just built all back apart and make myself a home made annealer now. pretty sweet actually. thanks for the share.

icebug

Quote from: Denver Steve on October 27, 2018, 12:26:20 AMlooks like all i gotta do is rip my computer i just built all back apart and make myself a home made annealer now. pretty sweet actually. thanks for the share.
I've just ordered more than 300$ worth parts for that annealer.
Been in touch with Gina, she's very helpful.
Can you please make a video and show us how it works?

hambone1971

If you only wanted to anneal 20 - 30 at a time you could eliminate more than half of that stuff on the board as it has to do with liquid cooling the coil and muffin fans for circuit board.  I'm going to build another with just power supply, annealer board, timer, and relay. Just to see how simple it can be made.  You could even eliminate timer and relay if you wanted to time it yourself and push HD button. ha     I made a video but it will not load here. Guess I need a You Tube account or something.
As a young man they said your starting out in the machine shop as a Hambone. Here's a broom, scoop and wheel barrel. Those were some fun days.

hambone1971

Ok, learned something new tonight on how to post videos. My son would be proud of me. Gun/related driven of course.
Now if I can make it link from here. Ok icebug here it is...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/11768209/brass-annealer-machine/

icebug

Good job, thanks!
What is your time sequence for 6.5 CM brass and what brand of brass are you using/annealing?

hambone1971

Takes about 5-8 seconds depending on your power supply voltage. (30 to 40 volts) and the delay you set between annealing. All  of which you set on the timer module. These things are very powerful and can do a total melt down of your brass if you set time to high, like anneal it for 15 - 20 seconds.   Here's a finished photo of my new annealer.