News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

ERA-TAC Adjustable Incline Mount

Started by lathoto, October 26, 2018, 05:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lathoto

Does anyone have any experience with an ERA-TAC Adjustable Incline Mount?
See you at the range.

Litehiker

Looked at the online info. Seems they get MOA angle by varying the ring angle as opposed to varying the rail angle.

I just put a 20 MOA rail on my new 6.5 CM Browning X-Bolt Pro. But I may take it off and use 0 MOA Talley rings B/C for an 800 yard max range (for hunting) I likely won't need a 20 MOA incline.
Plus those bronzed Talley rings look SO purty on my bronze Cerakote barreled action. Some call it "esthetics" and others call it "matchy/matchy".  :))

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."

Fuj

I personally shun any mounts that have some form off adustability,
and the least amount of screws and bolts, the better.....I like using
a one piece machined, rings and rail. The current one's I use have
20 MOA machined right in.

What rifle is your intent for the ERA-TACs ??

lathoto

This mount is on a Sako TRG-22 rifle.  It's indexed to 20 MOA for the time being.
See you at the range.

Litehiker

I agree with Fuj, I like one-piece mounts and of those I prefer Nightforce one-piece mounts. Good quality and a reasonable price unlike, say, SPHUR mounts.

My main reason for liking quality one-piece mounts is that they really don't need to be hand lapped to remove high spots B/C the accurate machining of the manufacturer has already made smooth and concentric rings.

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."